Position Details: Maintenance Technician
|J & J Foods, Inc.
The Maintenance Technician should have skills and certification in one of the following areas: HVAC/Commercial Refrigeration, Electrical, Plumbing, Welding, or Carpentry. The Maintenance Technician shall perform assigned tasks in the area of his/her specialty and certification. In addition, the Maintenance Technician shall be responsible for responding to service requests and performing repairs including but not limited to: basic electrical repairs, faucet repair/replacement, shelving assembly, fan motor replacement, ceiling and floor tile replacement, food service equipment troubleshooting and repair, painting and shop organization. The Maintenance Specialist may work independently or assist the Maintenance Assistant in completing work-orders and other assigned tasks.
- Basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, and construction
- Intermediate knowledge of paint types, surface preparation and painting processes
- Provide basic hand tools
- Ability to provide own transportation to and from any company facility or local supply house
Education and Work Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of ten years experience in repairs, maintenance or construction
Work Environment and Work Schedule
- 10 to 20 hours of work per week and 2 to 4 days out of 7